Benchmark is committed to following all current safety guidelines and taking added precautions to keep agents, clients, customers, and our community as safe and healthy as possible. We've provided the following to agents in our company and those showing properties we have listed. Click here to download in PDF form.
NOTICE REGARDING ACCESS TO PROPERTIES:
This notice is to be posted in a highly visible location on or close to the exterior and interior of the main entry door to the property. Share with anyone planning to access the property before they arrive.
- Open houses and group showings.
- More than four people in a property at any time.
- Standing closer than six feet from another person while in a property.
- Showing of any occupied apartment units, unless occupied by the owner.
- Entering any interior portion of a property without the protection equipment recommended below.
- Entering a property if you or a member of your party are exhibiting symptoms of disease.
- Activities that are currently prohibited by the State of Maine and/or the specific municipality.
- Follow all current safety guidelines provided by the US and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus.shtml
- The following must be worn/used by all parties, at all times, during real estate activities that involve face-to-face interaction or entering a property that is not their own. This includes vacant properties.
- Gloves, facemask, shoe covers (or remove footwear outside and before entry)
- Clean all touched surfaces using recommended disinfectants and protocols found on the federal CDC website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html
- If anyone is exhibiting symptoms of disease, DO NOT ENTER.
- Put on your facemask.
- Remove shoes or place protective covers over your footwear.
- Sanitize your hands with CDC recommended disinfectant.
- Place new disposable gloves on both hands.
- Limit the number of people viewing the property (maximum of four at any time).
- BE CERTAIN there are no other parties in the property. When you open the door, announce yourself and wait for a reply. If another party is present, do not access, wait for them to vacate, remain six feet apart, and access only after they are out from the property.
WHILE IN THE PROPERTY
- Limit the time in the property.
- Only touch what you must (i.e. doorknobs).
- The real estate agent should be the only person touching any surfaces.
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE, wipe all touched surfaces with a CDC recommended disinfectant. See link above.
- YOU, the individual entering the property, are responsible for ensuring you, those in your party, your clients, customers, associates and others follow these and all new restrictions and recommendations from federal, state, and local government agencies and officials.
- Benchmark, Tom Landry and/or any of their associates, affiliates, licensees and related (“Landry”) do NOT claim to be health experts. The guidelines provided here are based on our read of best practices and are for informational purposes only. Each agent, client, and all others entering a property are solely responsible for their own actions and must exercise their own independent judgment and knowledge of what is legal and appropriate in any given situation.