With the time change and the colder weather, what are some tips for home sellers?
- Leave the house lit up and showing ready when you leave for work.
- Leave all exterior and several interior lights on all the time.
- Turn the heat higher than you may normally keep it.
Are there items buyers should be more aware of this time of year?
- Bring a flashlight so you can really look around.
- Dress appropriately. You still need to spend time outside looking at the exterior and setting of the home.
- Plan to look at homes during a lunch break or over the weekend when there is better light.
Do homes really sell now as we head into colder months and holidays?
- Yes, people move any time of the year no matter what the weather.
- Sellers: They should stay on the market. As many sellers pull their homes from the market you will have less competition for buyers.
- Buyers: Don’t be afraid to make that low offer! If a seller is on the market this time of year they are usually more serious.
Tom Landry is the owner of both Benchmark Residential & Investment Real Estate and CornerStone Building and Restoration. This article originally appeared in the West End News and can be viewed here.